COAG’s progress is measured in different reports. Several of these reports are available from this website.
COAG Report on Performance
The COAG Report on Performance provides a single, streamlined source of information on progress towards COAG’s key commitments.
The Commonwealth, States and Territories have agreements across an array of areas including healthcare, education, disability, water, transport, infrastructure and housing.
The COAG Report on Performance includes:
- performance benchmarks from the six National Agreements
- National Agreement performance indicators
- assessments of progress of the most significant National Partnerships.
- COAG - Report on Performance 2016 - DOCX 8.7 MB
- COAG - Report on Performance 2016 - PDF 1.2 MB
- Statistical Supplement - XLSX 478 KB
- COAG - Report on Performance 2015 - DOCX 8.7 MB
- COAG - Report on Performance 2015 - PDF 1.3 MB
- Statistical Supplement - XLSX 384 KB
Report on Government Services
The Report on Government Services is an annual report. It presents data on the equity, efficiency and cost effectiveness of government services.
It is produced by the Steering Committee for the Review of Government Service Provision and its secretariat in the Productivity Commission.
Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage
The Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage report measures the wellbeing of Australia's Indigenous peoples. It provides information about outcomes across areas such as early child development, education and training, healthy lives, economic participation, home environment, and safe and supportive communities. It examines whether policies and programs are achieving positive results.
The report is produced by the Steering Committee for the Review of Government Service Provision.
Indigenous Expenditure Report
The Indigenous Expenditure Report provides information about levels and patterns of expenditure on services that relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
It presents information that can be compared nationally and provides policy makers with an additional tool for targeting policies to Close the Gap in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander disadvantage.
COAG Reform Council
From 2010 to 1 July 2014, the COAG Reform Council (CRC) produced annual reports summarising the joint performance of Australian governments. The performance was measured against agreed benchmarks and indicators.
CRC publications have been archived and can be found on the Australian Government Web Archive.
Other performance information
Relevant data agencies have more information on the performance of governments. They include the following:
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is Australia’s national statistical agency. The ABS provides trusted official statistics on a wide range of economic, social, population and environmental matters of importance to Australia.
- The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) is a national agency set up by the Commonwealth. It provides reliable, regular and relevant information and statistics on Australia's health and welfare.
- The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA). This is an independent statutory authority that is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing, evaluating and reporting statistical and related information about educational outcomes.
- The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). It is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing, evaluating and communicating research and statistics about vocational education and training (VET) nationally. This centre is a not-for-profit company owned by the Commonwealth and state and territory ministers responsible for vocational education and training.
Information about the performance of particular service providers can be found on sector-specific websites: