- COAG agreed to a suite of legislative and practical measures to strengthen our nationally consistent approach to counter-terrorism.
- COAG noted the new National Counter-Terrorism Plan. This plan provides clear governance, jurisdictional and operational arrangements for preparing for, preventing, responding to and recovering from domestic terrorist attacks.
- COAG welcomed the launch in August of Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism.
- COAG agreed and signed the Intergovernmental Agreement on Australia’s National Counter-Terrorism Arrangements.
- COAG agreed and signed the Intergovernmental Agreement on Identity Matching Services.