This website is presented by the Commonwealth for the purpose of disseminating information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
The Commonwealth monitors the quality of the information available on this website and updates the information regularly. However, the Commonwealth does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or on any linked site.
The Commonwealth recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of this website and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes.
This website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material on this website may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
Links on this site
Links to external websites are provided as an information service only and should not be construed as an endorsement of any associated organisation, product or service. Conversely, omissions should not be construed as non-endorsement. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the Internet. The Commonwealth cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered.
Further, the Commonwealth cannot accept any liability if sites referred to or services offered in this homepage are not available at any particular time.
Use of images on this site
Every effort is made to obtain permission from subjects and owners prior to the use of images on this website. However, if an image raises concerns please contact the Web Administrator through the Contact form.
Guidelines for linking to this website
We welcome links from other websites to the COAG website.
If you intend to create a link, we request that you adopt the following guidelines:
- When linking to the website, link to main collection level pages wherever possible. For example http://www.coag.gov.au/about-coag
- Deep linking is permitted, however this can create maintenance overheads as the page to which you link may become unavailable or move.
- Where appropriate to the context of the link, it is good practice to indicate the website to which the user will link. For example 'Link to the Council of Australian Governments' (COAG) website'.
The correct name of the website is the Council of Australian Governments' (COAG) website.
Please note that permission to link to this website is not granted if:
- Inclusion on the requesting site implies the endorsement of the site or product.
- The requesting site uses the COAG website solely for commercial purposes.
- The material linked to is changed technically (e.g. the material is framed and users are unable to determine the location of the original material).
- Linking to the site is deemed to be in contravention of government policy or not in the public interest.
If you have any queries regarding linking to this website, please contact the Web Administrator through the Contact form.
How to link to this website
It is preferred that links to this website take the form of a text-based contextual link with the full wording - Council of Australian Governments' (COAG) website - in accordance with the guidelines listed above.
Please copy and paste the following code into your HTML:
<a href="http://www.coag.gov.au">Council of Australian Governments' (COAG) website</a>
For further information, please use the Contact form.